Thursday, April 1, 2021

thumbnail

Amharic Novels



Book Title: Ye Ogaden Dimetoch

Author: Yismaeke Worku

Genre: Novel /Investigative Journal 

Publishing Date: 2009 E.C

Language: Amharic


Rate book:

For year I have been working hard to get out of magic/unreal life. My todays journey can be considered as one of the attempts. In order to straighten out my mind, I have arrived in Ogaden. No chemist has a made a medicine that heals than work. Work is my medicine. The hidden secret behind work is better explained by the retired ones.  They know how many times the get unwell during their stay at home. 
When a foreign organization that operates in Ogaden invites me for a high-level field visit, I booked a ticket and traveled by myself without hesitation; to indulge myself in work and committed to relieve from magic life. 
Ethiopian Airlines owned Boeing plane is lowering its height to land in Gode. Below is a reflecting ocean-like flat desert sand.  The reflection blinds your eye. The strong wind mixed with the sand is forming a cobra like shape as if it would support the sky.
The air plane followed by the strong wind land in Gode air field cruising forward. When it landed at a thirty five meter width by two thousand eighty meters length runway with speed, passengers who came speaking in Somali language start to speaking louder and rush out in crowds out of the plane. 
The last to move out of the plane was me. Gode received me with hot air and sandy wind. Gode airport was opened and inaugurated by King of Kings His Majesty Haileslassie in 1959 E.C for military base even though it is serving for civilian transport purposes. It was destroyed after it was occupied by Somalia invading forces to prevent Ethiopian Jets from landing but restored and built again after victory. I was watching the sky when I passed through the terminal. It looks like a door that spits fire. The sun was too hot. The strong and noisy wind was about to blow me out. I see a woman who waiting for me by holding a banner that says "Doctor Didimos Dore Welcome". Even though she doesn't know me physically, she knows me by my work. I have talked her on the phone even though I don't know her physically too. Ayan is an employee of the foreign company that invited me.

When I see a title "Doctor", I feel like I am a scholar. Even though the educations I attended in different countries like Archelogy, Physiology, and Anthropology made me to get this title, I was feeling that I am still backward and primitive person. I was invited due to my Phd degree qualifications in Social Anthropology publications that got acknowledgement worldwide even though I am fond of the old age research. It seems like I am drowned in the ocean in the magic world. A magic man who can see the oceans hand. 

I was heading to the girl who stood up holding my title while still dreaming. The wind storm was blowing her yellow outfit.  I come to learn about her beauty when I came closer. Her voice is also beautiful as her.


Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

Page Views:

Amharic History

  Book Title:  Ye Habesha Jebdu Author:  Adolf Parlsak  Translator:  Techane Jobre Mekonnen Price: -- Genre: History Publishing Date:  1989 ...